Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

"Blue Christmas" Box - Decoupage

Here's my first Christmas present for the year.  I realize it's only July!  I had this navy blue box sitting around.  I decided to decoupage it.  I used some papers from last Christmas, from a DCWV mat stack.  Also some glitter papers, the same brand, really too heavy to use.  The corners turned up on the glitter paper.  I just got some Matte Mod Podge, which is what I used for this project.  I applied about 5 coats when I added the layers of paper and 5 more to finish.  I just cut out random shapes and strips of paper.  It turned out pretty good.  I might add a layer of varnish later if I can figure out what kind to use.  It took about 48 hours for it all to dry, in 2 hour increments and overnight twice. 

My kitchen table, at the start of the project:






Then I added the holiday papers:

This is the finished box with the glitter papers and layers of Mod Podge:



This is for someone who likes blue.  Hmmm......!

No comments:

Post a Comment