Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Parable of the Talents - 1st Set of Four Bookmarks

Here are the first four bookmarks for the Parable of Talents project, plus supplies used:

I joined a weekly challenge group on Flickr.  I posted this picture for Week 1.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Starting Over

I just joined the 30 Days of Creating challenge on coachcreativespace, so hopefully that will jumpstart my creativity.  I've been sick with a bad cold lately and haven't felt much like creating.  I didn't win the Sublime Stitching combo contest.  But I entered!  All for now...

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sampler - New Stitches

I am trying to expand my repertoire of stitches.  I tried out some new stitches on blue fabric with three colors of blue floss.  I have a bad cold today, so a short blog post. 

Monday, August 16, 2010

Parable of the Talents - the start

Our church is doing the Parable of the Talents project.  The church gives us each $5 to use to do crafts or food to sell or provide a service.  Whatever money we make goes back to the church.  So I spent my $5 on embroidery floss, already had the paper.  I will have to pay for the laminating, but not much outlay on my part.  I'm making cross bookmarks.  They are not my design exactly, but they are my execution.  I drew out the designs very large and then reduced them and printed them out.  There are two cross designs, four colors of paper and matching thread.  I think we have until Christmas, not sure.  Here is the picture of my baby project:

Monday, August 9, 2010

Coffee-themed Apron - Finished! and a Metallic Purple Concrete Leaf

I finished the coffee-themed apron!  I just had a few small motifs to do and the "sweet" lettering.  This is a present for my friend, Beth, for the Grand Opening of her coffee shop.  The apron is dyed with Rit Dye.  It was so much fun to do.  I picked out 6 colors, 3 in the brown family, 3 in the hot pink family and bought two skeins of DMC floss each.  So I had to be creative.  Once I was out of the dark brown I was out!  Designs ironed-on from Colonial Patterns (Aunt Martha's) and Sublime Stitching. Making this apron was so much fun.  I hope Beth enjoys wearing it as much as I enjoyed making it. I just entered it in a Sublime Stitching combo contest. Here is me modeling the apron.

And here is the concrete stepping stone my mom made.  I painted it because she had to work on the last day of Vacation Bible School for adults.  They take a month to "cure", so in early September the stepping stones will go out in my yard.  It's painted with acrylic craft paint.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Starfish Tote Bag - Finished!

I finished Kari's Starfish Tote Bag!  I fought with the heavy canvas and eventually won. :)  I will be seeing her on Wednesday, I hope, and can give it to her then.  I used six strands of DMC floss (I always use that much) in purple split stitch and french knots.  Here are the pics:

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Fall Leaf Stepping Stone

During Vacation Bible School for adults at my church we made stepping stones and painted them.  Mine turned out really big.  The lady who taught us how to do this brought some huge leaves for us to use.  They are made out of concrete and painted with acrylic paints.  I guess they take about a month to cure completely.  Here are my pics.