Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Transfer-eze! I love this stuff!

First thing I printed out some Urban Threads designs and cut them out and stuck them to another piece of copy paper.  Then I scanned those images.  Then I printed them out on the rough side of the Transfer-eze with my laser printer which I figured was less likely to bleed (toner rather than ink).  I used many images because this stuff is $15 for 10 sheets, plus shipping.  Just Google Transfer-eze to find quilt shops to order from.  I ordered mine from Original Creations, in Texas, fast shipping.

Here's a picture of the cut-out's on the left and the Transfer-eze on the right.  I paid for all these designs at Urban Threads, they are $1 each for hand embroidery designs unless there's a sale.  They are PDF files.

As you can see I already cut out the kitty face design. Then you peel the printed side from the blank paper side.  The printed side sticks to the surface of the fabric as you can see here:

Then you just embroider!  There is a little sticky filminess, but that is nothing compared to being able to transfer designs onto any color fabric. Here is the kitty embroidered.  I chose gray which doesn't show up ver well.
Then you soak the fabric in cold water for 15 minutes to a half an hour.  Still experimenting with the time frame. 
Then I let it the fabric dry overnight.  This is the result, a gray kitty face on my jean jacket:
So easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment