Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Birthday Decoupage Project for my brother, Chris

I'm going to decoupage a wood circle with a picture of my brother as a baby for his 50th birthday.  Today I scanned the photo, printed it out on my inkjet printer, ripped it out and sprayed it with hairspray so I can decoupage it onto the wood.  I painted the wood with red acrylics with a little white mixed in.  I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to start decoupaging.  I only have gloss Mod Podge left so will use that.  I think it will be awfully plain so I'd like to use either silver stars (like the kind you got as a kid in school) or silver glitter on it.  I'll have to ask Mom if she has any of those star stickers.  What do you think?  Should I leave it plain or what?  Here is the picture of the original photo, from about 1963 and the one I printed:

Here is the painted wood circle:

No comments:

Post a Comment