Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Super Secret Embroidery Projects

I started embroidering floursack towels for some CoachCreativeSpace friends.  I can't post pictures of them until they are finished and in the hands of their owners.  I can post the progress I've made on the Love towel I'm making for Kari.  She is in love, so I picked out these designs and the floss for her.  I've made pretty good progress on it thanks to a couple movies and insomnia.  Floursack towels are blank white towels that are really big, lots of room to embroider on!  Kari has already seen what I've done so far.  I did find out doing this that there's an art to doing iron-ons.  It seriously helps to have the iron on the highest setting for half an hour before using the iron-ons.  Makes a much darker image. I use all 6 strands of floss so it's easy to cover up the lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment