Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Week 2

This is the end of Week 2 of "28 Weeks of Creativity 2012."  I plan on creating to a theme (Space and Beyond) for the rest of the year in art, crafts or writing projects.  I will post process notes and pictures here with an Extras category for projects that don't fit the theme.

Week 2:  Brush and ink drawings of spaceships (6 or more).

I don't know why the number 6 keeps coming up. :)

6/24/12

Tonight I printed out some pictures (black & white clip art) of spaceships.  If I have time tomorrow I'll start on them.  I plan on using just one color of ink for each set.  In other words, not 4 colors on ink on one. Just black or gold or whatever.  I did a Bing search for the images.

6/26/12

I used Liquitex Ink! with an Asian bamboo brush (Windsor & Newton).  My brother said my spaceship ink drawings were "slightly disturbing."  I explained to him that I was doing a Space and Beyond creativity challenge.  This is my own challenge, but I got the idea from the website for 365: A Creativity Journal:  Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life! by Noah Scanlin.  I haven't even read the book yet! 

I like the silver ink effects, but I got more changes from the purple ink.  I think I'll do at least 4  death stars because they came out really nice.  I'm set up in the garage with my table and easel to put the stock art on.  This is fun and relaxing and I look forward to it.



6/29/12

Worked on copper alien and death star tonight.  Don't know what I'll do with these ink drawings.  I guess I'll put a few up.  I'm worried about a couple friends of mine.  I thought drawing would ease my mind.  It didn't.

7/1/12  I did the last of the ink and brush drawings today, these two in black ink.  I expected myself to improve over time, but I like the silver ones the best.  It felt a bit like postmodern cave paintings.  These are the things some people obsess about, aliens and their spacecraft.  Almost mythological!


The death stars (Star Wars) are my favorite!  I think they turned out the best, especially the silver one.

Extras:  

I found out about an embroidery contest using vintage patterns on Flickr.  This is the New Embroidery with Vintage Patterns group using patterns from the Hoop Love group.  I plan to enter the "summer theme" contest.  I chose a bowl of cherries pattern because we only get bing cherries in the summertime.  I'm using variegated threads.  I'll post my progress in the Extras.

Here is hungry Betty!

 Next week I'll play with clay.  Stay tuned!


2 comments:

  1. What a handsome blog, Anne! How did I not know about this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kept it under my hat, FR. Thank you! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete