Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Week 3

This is the end of Week 3 of "28 Weeks of Creativity 2012."  I plan on creating to a theme (Space and Beyond) for the rest of the year in art, crafts or writing projects.  I will post process notes and pictures here with an Extras category for projects that don't fit the theme or are from previous weeks.

Week 3:  "Space and Beyond" pendants made out of Sculpey III clay.

7/5/12

I did other things than play with clay at the beginning of the week.  Today, Thursday, I sat in front of my clay and supplies and thought, "I don't feel like it."  I didn't feel like softening up the clay or making pendants or anything.  Well, I started.  I picked out one new color, Lemon Yellow and used some leftover hot pink and violet to make "Space and Beyond" pendants.  I kept thinking, "I only have 5 jump rings" and "what am I going to do with these pendants?"



I started out with a moon, a star and a sun (looks more like a mandala).  Then I made stuff that reminded me of space and some of my ideas about space and time, that it kind of turns in on itself, or that it's like a lightning bolt.  So all in all, a weird experience with odd outcomes.  Then I brushed powder (3 different colors of Pearl-ex pigments) over the clay pendants.  Then I baked them.  Done!

7/8/12

After spraying the pendants with finish, I took their pictures.  They are still a little tacky so I'll wait until next week to add jump rings or embroidery thread to make them into necklaces.


I found my pinking shears yesterday!  I've been doing a little decluttering due to the Flybaby steps on the Flylady website.  I'm already on Day 12. I decluttered the craft supplies in my bedroom and found the pinking shears at the bottom of a plastic bag with Valentine's card-making stuff in it.

Extras: 

I didn't make much progress on my "cherries" embroidery this week.  Just didn't feel like embroidering.  I have until July 20th to finish it for the contest on Flickr (New Embroidery with Vintage Patterns group).


I hung the Death Stars from last week along my bedroom wall.


My brother, Chris, gave me an idea for next week's project.  It's relatively simple and involves paper.  I can't wait to get started!


No comments:

Post a Comment