Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Week 4

This is the end of Week 4 of "28 Weeks of Creativity 2012."  I plan on creating to a theme (Space and Beyond) for the rest of the year in art, crafts or writing projects.  I will post process notes and pictures here with an Extras category for projects that don't fit the theme or are from previous weeks.

Week 4:  "Space and Beyond" magnets

7/10/12

My brother suggested I make bookmarks out of some old Cosmic stickers and then laminate them.  I was decluttering and found 3 inkjet magnet sheets that I had never used.  I decided to affix the stickers to the magnet sheets, along with some other cute stickers. 




















Then I cut them out.  My hand got tired cutting out the circular ones, but other than that they were very easy to cut.  I tried them on the fridge and they held one piece of paper, no more.  The magnets are very thin.   I was really pleased at how they turned out.  I guess this is more clever than creative. :) 

I will be giving these as little gifts!



I guess these belong in the Extras category, but I'll put them here...


Extras:

7/12/12

Here is what I did with last week's pendants:



The lightning bolt broke.  The other pendants turned out nicely.  I wore the yellow abstract one today.

In response to a prompt in the book, Creating a Life Worth Living, I made a picture of the next year as I see it.  Not surprisingly, it's yellow stars in a blue and black night sky.  The stars are wonderful projects, classes and events that I'll be involved in, some my own, some other people's.  The sky is my obstacles between the stars.  I'll be making other versions of this for Week 5. 

I like it!  It's very exuberant and hopeful.

I got the yarn for a baby blanket for my friend Kari's new baby (that hasn't arrived yet).  Hopefully, I'll get it done in time for the Baby Shower.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Anne, you're the only person I know who is still madly productive when she's not in a creative mood, or just doesn't feel like doing something. I wish the rest of us could be as productive in our "down" times! :-) Hugs, DJ

    ReplyDelete