Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Week 5

This is the end of Week 5 of "28 Weeks of Creativity 2012."  I plan on creating to a theme (Space and Beyond) for the rest of the year in art, crafts or writing projects.  I will post process notes and pictures here with an Extras category for projects that don't fit the theme or are from previous weeks.

Week 5:  "Stars" drawings

7/16/12

Today I made more "stars" drawings, this time with pastels and oil pastels.  I haven't used either of these media for a long time.  I forgot you could smudge them.  I really like the pastel one, it's so atmospheric.


7/18/12

I painted a "star" painting with watercolors tonight.  I liked the effect of the paint on the paper, but not the overall look.   I did one with Nupastels that I didn't like much at all.  My pan watercolors and Nupastels are almost new, unused.  I don't even remember when I got them, it was so long ago!


7/21/12

I kinda sorta like my Star drawings.  I really like the pastel one, kind of soft focus.  I'm wondering if the rest of the year's projects symbolized as stars represent how unreachable and far-off they are.  :(  Maybe I'm just reading into it too much.  I do like the spaces between stars as my obstacles because that's just waiting time...  Like what would you do if you were in space going from one star to another, you'd just wait.  Unless you had Warp Drive, then you wouldn't have to wait long (waxing philosophical).  I don't think I have Warp Drive!  :)

Extras:

7/20/12

I uploaded the photo of the cherries in a basket embroidery to the contest on Flickr.  It's in the New Embroidery with Vintage Patterns group http://www.flickr.com/groups/1440036@N24/  I have to wait 'til Wednesday to find out who won in each of the three categories. I don't think I have a chance, but who knows?  I embroidered for maybe an hour and a half a night spread out over 6 nights and 4 hours today. (Yes, I'm tired of embroidering right now!)  So that's 13 hours, geez!  Now I have a really pretty dishtowel.  It's almost too pretty to use, almost...



7/21/12

Here's the kitty montage of my 2 kitties and Tiger (Kari's kitty).  I was going to Dutch Embroider the whole piece with the writing "Home is where the cat is" and their names.  But over a year ago Trixie disappeared, a coyote probably got her.  My enthusiasm for the project went out the window.  I was decluttering and found the kitty heads, so I decided to do a quick and dirty montage.  I like it OK.  I just don't have the heart to do a complicated one.  I was just going to throw them away.  Cat face designs by Sublime Stitching.


Here's the yarn for next week's project!


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Love your star works!
    More, please...

    Yes, doing something with the kitties is a good idea; if it bothers you too much, use them as part of a gift for another's joy. They're too cute to discard.

    Nice embroidery work, as always, Anne.
    Love & Laughter, DJ

    ReplyDelete