Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Hello!

I got interested in embroidery in January of 2010.  Yep, last January! I've really taken to it, so decided to start a blog about my adventures in embroidery.  I've done Dutch Embroidery for a few years now, which is just embroidery on paper, a wildly different medium than fabric.  I do other crafts as well and may post pictures of those as well.  Enjoy!

I'm embroidering an apron for my friend, Beth.  I hope to have it done by the second week in July or sooner.  She is having a Grand Opening of her coffee shop and bakery around then.  The apron was dyed with liquid Rit dye and I ironed on Aunt Martha's "Java Break" patterns and cupcake and ice cream patterns from Jenny Hart's "Sublime Stitching" book.  Already started the coffee pot.  It will be embroidered in coffee and pink floss colors.


I don't have any holiday embroideries planned at the moment.  I expect I'll do them far ahead of the holiday in question.  At least I hope so!  I'm going to include my Dutch Embroidery projects on this blog too.

No comments:

Post a Comment